Depression is a mental illness characterized by a gloomy mood, lethargy and a loss of interest in and enjoyment of the pleasant things in life. In addition, there are several often physical symptoms as well as recurrent thoughts of death. The core symptoms manifest themselves during most of the day.
Do you feel you have tried everything to improve your depression and nothing has really helped. Then this study, which already includes an approved treatment, may interest you. This observational study examines the clinical, social and economic outcome of successful treatment with Spravato (esketamine nasal spray) combined with its safety. This is after the acute treatment, which is administered at the Jessa Hospital by means of a one to two day admission per week.
If you would like more information or feel inclined to participate, you can apply and a qualified staff member from Anima Research will contact you further! It will ultimately be your treating physician who will prescribe treatment with Spravato (esketamine nasal spray) which will allow you to participate in this study.
Participation in the study
- Everyone receives the active study medication whose effective efficacy has already been demonstrated
- Male/female over 18 years of age
- Already tried at least 2 different treatments during current depressive episode with only minimal results
- The study will last a minimum of 13 months
- You will need to come to the study center at least 15 times during this period
- There will be a minimum of 2 phone calls in follow-up after treatment
Anima Research Center
Alkerstraat 32Z (Block D)